Email, internet and computers
You can access it from most devices including Android and Apple, Windows laptops and Windows phones. Unfortunately, WiFi printing is not available from non-smart phones. Anything saved on our public computers is automatically deleted once you sign out. So make sure you save your work to a USB flash drive or online storage. To do this, you’ll need your library card number and PIN. Some of our libraries have IT Buddy volunteers who can help you learn how to use a computer and the internet.
If you are not a member of the library, staff will be happy to make you a member or you can complete our day visitor form. Please note that there is a £1.00 per hour charge for non-library members. You can book to use one of our computers by contacting the library.
Use of USB storage device
In our libraries you can also log on to our Wi-Fi network and enjoy the benefits of activeIT on your own device, phone, laptop or tablet. If you arrive late, time is deducted from your session and if you arrive 10 minutes late your session is cancelled. Screen magnification and screen reading software are available on all computers. Free access to internet and computers in our libraries.
- It is for people who would like to understand how computers work, without having to learn a lot of technical details.
- These loanable tablets should remain inside the library buildings and are subject to the terms outlined in this policy.
- There is now no charge to use our computers in Council run libraries or other Council premises.
- Use of library computers is subject to our acceptable use policy.
- Our computers use filtering software to help reduce the risk of you or your child accessing inappropriate content, but please be aware that this is not 100 percent effective.
Computing to store files and use web applications online. A full list of services can be found on our A–Z listings page. Find out how much credit you have available in your print account. Printing costs 20 pence per A4 sheet for black and white copies and 50 pence per A4 sheet for colour copies. Customer Reviews, including Product Star Ratings, help customers to learn more about the product and decide whether it is the right product for them. Kindle eBook is available now and can be read on any device with the free Kindle app.
Connect to wifi
A web browser is a piece of software that enables the user to access web pages and web apps on the internet. There are a range of browsers available, and they are usually free to download and install. indiancultureonline.com If you are having trouble with this form you can try logging in here. At the Library of Birmingham, these computers are located on the Lower Ground Floor, Lower Terrace, Levels 2 and 3.