Legal Advice Centre

Citizens Advice offers free advice on a wide range of issues, including benefits, housing or employment problems. They can provide advice over the phone or in person at one of their offices. Advocate provides people with free legal advice and representation in court and tribunal cases from volunteer barristers.

Student Volunteers work together with legal professionals to produce information leaflets on various legal topics. We may be able to offer alternative appointments, subject to availability. Enter your postcode below to find your local Musicians’ Union office contact information. The MU has a network of experienced teams available to help musicians in all areas of the industry. Scottish legal firm Harper Macleod have hosted legal webinars for MU members. Watch the released recordings from these webinars to learn the legal side of being a musician.

You can get legal advice from a solicitor to deal with an employment tribunal. If you cannot afford legal advice, you might be able to get help from legal aid. A solicitor can help if you want to discuss legal protection for yourself and your children.

Our students deliver legal workshops under the supervision of qualified legal professionals, or academic members of staff. Free confidential by specialist women solicitors and barristers. Operation Hydrant’s Victim Reporting FactsheetBrief details about the process of reporting non-recent child abuse to the police. Legal Ian’s claim was settled out of court and he was refunded £5,420 plus £205 towards his court fees. He advises on all aspects of consumer law, tenancy issues, and neighbour disputes.

You can also get advice from a solicitor about discrimination. If you cannot afford your legal costs, you might be able to get help from legal aid or a law centre. Find out how to get legal help if you’re on a low income, including advice from a law centre or legal aid solicitor, and trial or tribunal representation by a pro bono barrister. A solicitor can also give you advice about housing, and represent you in court. If you cannot afford your legal costs, you might be able to apply for legal aid.