Legal Aid

If your case involves your limited company, or your partnership, then you are unlikely to qualify for civil legal aid. A child can apply for legal aid if you are old enough to understand why you need a solicitor to help you, and to ask a solicitor to work for you. Legal aid is a means of paying your solicitor or counsel to act on your behalf. Some solicitors offer ‘no win, no fee’ as a way of paying for civil cases, such as personal injury. A no win, no fee agreement is sometimes known as a ‘conditional fee agreement’ .

Citizens Advice provide free, confidential and impartial advice on a range of issues including money, benefit, housing or employment problems. Citizens Advice can provide support you if you are facing a crisis, or just considering your options. Do you manage a busy legal practice or a team of over-stretched lawyers and caseworkers? Then you probably know how difficult it is to find the time to undertake the training you need to be an effective manager and leader.

Assistance and casework assistance with small claims cases to help you to solve problems before they get to court or early in the court process. Information, one-off advice and signposting about civil court processes. Assistance and representation focused on resolving welfare benefits problems. You may not need to pay anything at all, depending on your financial position and the type of legal help you need. Your insurers might insist that you use their legal team.

This means your finances won’t be taken into account when deciding if you can get Legal Aid. This could include cases involving Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards. You can access these reports and briefings by following the links below. Focus areasAccess to Judicial Review Hello I am the test text for judicial review focus area. In determining any application for entry on the register…

We believe that access to justice is a fundamental right and as such we campaign for a fair, comprehensive and accessible scheme. Information for members of the public about finding a solicitor, advice for applicants, objections to the granting of civil legal services, the Statutory Charge and the National Fraud Initiative. The application must be submitted by a solicitor who is registered to provide criminal or civil legal assistance. If you’ve been charged with a crime, ask your solicitor or barrister if you’re able to get criminal legal aid. A person in need of legal advice can find a legal aid solicitor locally or online, or contact the Civil Legal Advice helpline online or by telephone. CLA has a legal aid contract and can refer the applicant to a legal aid adviser.