Legal Aid

If your case involves your limited company, or your partnership, then you are unlikely to qualify for civil legal aid. A child can apply for legal aid if you are old enough to understand why you need a solicitor to help you, and to ask a solicitor to work for you. Legal aid is a means of paying your solicitor or counsel to act on your behalf. Some solicitors offer ‘no win, no fee’ as a way of paying for civil cases, such as personal injury. A no win, no fee agreement is sometimes known as a ‘conditional fee agreement’ .

Citizens Advice provide free, confidential and impartial advice on a range of issues including money, benefit, housing or employment problems. Citizens Advice can provide support you if you are facing a crisis, or just considering your options. Do you manage a busy legal practice or a team of over-stretched … Read More